The Faculty Women’s Club Presents CA Secretary of State Shirley N. Weber ’70, M.A. ’71, Ph.D. ’75

Tue 4/20 • 1:30PM - 3PM PDT

Zoom

The UCLA Faculty Women’s Club (FWC) creates community by welcoming engaging speakers to monthly meetings. April’s special guest is triple Bruin and California’s newly appointed Secretary of State, Dr. Shirley N. Weber. As California’s first Black Secretary of State Weber is only the fifth African American to serve as a state constitutional officer in California’s 170-year history.

Governor Gavin Newsom, commends Weber as an extraordinary human being dedicated to advancing economic, environmental, racial and social justice. A fierce advocate for the voiceless, she leads with commitment, conviction and resolve. Weber will address her goals as Secretary of State, how her education prepared her for leadership and her sworn duty to protect the integrity of voting and the rights of individuals.

Regarding her appointment Weber has said, “I’m honored to have been asked to do this. My grandkids are in awe. They say there are two people who live in their house. There’s their grandmother who makes the cookies and the woman who stands up and makes the speeches. But I’m proud to be here and I take this responsibility very seriously.”

This meeting is open to everyone with a UCLA connection, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the university.

REGISTER in advance to receive the Zoom link.

The Faculty Women’s Club was founded in 1918 and is the longest existing UCLA support group on campus. Learn more

Event Website

Add to My Calendar (ICS)

AlumniAffinity Programs